COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
ACA Rate & Form Filing Information
Use the information below to prepare product filings to comply with the requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), also referred to as the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
General Filing Instructions and Plan Management General Instructions may be found in SERFF.
Important NAIC Product Checklists
- Essential Health Benefits Checklist
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Benefits Parity
- Rate Review Checklist
- NAIC Product Review Standard State Filing Checklists for Life and Health
- Essential Health Benefits (EHBs)
- Premium Rate Review Requirements
- Rating Areas (Revised 6/06/2013)
- Composite Premiums in the Small Group Market – Information (Revised 03/10/2015)
- Bureau of Insurance Statement Regarding the Extension of Individual and Group Health Insurance Plans (11/19/2014)
- Bureau of Insurance Statement Concerning Policy Renewals and Discontinuances (10/02/2014)
Past Workshops and Meetings
- 2022 Premium Rate Presentations – August 11, 2021
- 2022 Teleconference with Carriers - March 30, 2021 10-11:30 a.m.
- 2021 Premium Rate Presentations – August 17, 2020
- Teleconference with carriers – March 31, 2020 10-11:30 a.m.
- 2020 Premium Rate Presentations – July 18, 2019
- Teleconference with carriers to discuss ACA filing issues – March 28, 2019 10-11 am
- 2019 Premium Rate Presentations - July 24, 2018
- Skype Meeting to introduce the new Virginia Rate Filing Template - Thursday, April 19, 2018
If you have any questions regarding any information on this page or in any of the attachments, please contact us at ACAFilingInfo@scc.virginia.gov