COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
Clerk's Information System
Your first step is to enter your personal information. It’s important that you provide your home address, not your business address. Our third-party uses this information to verify your identity. Your next step is to create a username and password.For step-by-step instructions, see our How-to guide on creating an account.
If you continue get an error, visit our account help request form to view additional troubleshooting tips or to submit a request to the Clerk's Office.
To retrieve your password, select “Forgot your password?” from the log in page. After a couple of minutes, you will receive an email with the temporary password.
Your information will appear once you complete an Online Service.
Your Dashboard provides quick access to your online activities. It also serves as your homepage. From this centralized hub you’ll find:
- Alerts to remind you of time-sensitive tasks.
- Correspondence from by the Clerk’s Office such as acceptance and reject letters or ordered certificates and copies.
- UCC Submissions catalogs your UCC records. You will find approved and rejected records.
- Unfinished Submissions that allow you to access saved incomplete filings. These filings are available for 90 days.
- Shopping Cart that shows what forms you have completed but not submitted.
- Business Entities & Servicing as Registered Agent that lists those businesses where you have completed an online service.
- Business Entity Submissions catalogs your business documents. You can view the status of your filings and resubmit rejected documents.
- Recent Payments displayed.
To learn more about your dashboard, watch Introduction to CIS.
To prevent an invalid error, you must meet all of the password requirements.
- Be at least eight characters and
- Contain at least one capitalized letter, a number and a special character. You may not have more than one special character.
To unlock your account, select “Forgot your password?” from the log in page. After a couple of minutes, you will receive an email with the temporary password. Wait at least one hour before using the temporary password.
The Clerk's Information System (CIS) is compatible with the following browser versions:
- Microsoft Edge - 44.1 and above
- Chrome - 80.0 and above
- Safari - 13.1 and above
- Internet Explorer – 11.7 and above
- Firefox – 74.0 and above