Annual License Renewal
NEW in 2023 – Annual Statements should be filed in the Company Renewal Portal and not filed in hard copy with the Bureau of Insurance.
Note: Municipal Liability Pools and Workers Compensation Group Self Insurance Association renewal documents must be sent by mail. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Annual renewal notifications are e-mailed to all companies in December each year. Companies MUST submit eligible documents electronically through the Company Renewal Portal.
A "Submit" button will display if a document is eligible for electronic submission. If the “Submit” button does not appear, check the related form or checklist for additional guidance on where to send the documents. Companies should review the Company Renewal Portal FAQs before filing.
Virginia will provide renewal licenses upon request. Email CoLicense@scc.virginia.gov to request a copy.
Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWA) and Purchasing Groups (PG) must complete an annual renewal report electronically using the Annual Renewal link. The completed report must be submitted through the Company Renewal Portal.
|Bureau of Insurance Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1157
Richmond, VA 23218
|Bureau of Insurance Physical Address:
1300 East Main Street, 6th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
- Analysis of Excess Capital and Surplus Investments Report [Form R01]
- Annual Report of Segregated Premiums [Form R21]
- Application for Renewal of License [Form R2A]
- Audited Financial Statements Exemption Affidavit [Form R03]
- CBCC and CCRC Demographic Information Form [Form R20]
- Certificate of Assuming Insurer [Form R05] This certificate is required only from Accredited, Substantially Similar, and Trusteed Reinsurers
- Certificate of Assuming Insurer Quarterly Update [Form R05Q] This certificate is required only from Accredited, Substantially Similar, and Trusteed Reinsurers
- Certificate of Certified Reinsurer [Form R15] This certificate is only required from Certified Reinsurers
- Costs of HMO's Indemnification and Nonparticipating Referral Provider Arrangements [Form R06]
- Data Security Act Information, Security Program Certification [Form R22]
- MEWA Policy Verification [Form R19]
- MEWA Renewal
- PG Annual Renewal
- Premium Finance Annual Statement Form
- Producer-Controlled Insurer Report [Form R08]
- Reinsurance Intermediary License Renewal Application
- Report of Assessable Ocean & Inland Marine Premium [Form R09]
- Report of Assets Pledged, Hypothecated or Encumbered [Form R10]
- Request for Information Regarding Reinsurance Intermediaries (RIs) [Form R12]
- Statement of Material Changes [Form R13]
- Supplementary Statement of Covered and Uncovered Expenses [Form R14]
- Surplus Lines Annual Filing Information [Form R16]