Medicare & Medigap
- Virginia Medigap Guide
- Choosing a Medigap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare
- Medigap Premium Finder
- NAIC Consumer Alert: The Truth About Medigap Changes
- Medicare Advantage Health Plans in Virginia
- Medicare Part D
- Medicare Premiums/Deductibles/Co-insurance
- Income-Based Premiums
Long Term Care
- Long Term Care Insurance Premium Rate Changes
- Tax Qualified Long-Term Care Figures
- A Shopper's Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance
A Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) is a facility that provides board, lodging and nursing services to individuals. Residents sign an agreement with the continuing care provider and pay an entrance fee.
- CBCC Disclosure Statements*
- CCRC Disclosure Statements*
- Company Lookup
- Consumer Guide to Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Virginia
*Note: Some files are large. For best performance, you may need to download the files.
The Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP) is a free, unbiased, confidential counseling program that offers health insurance information, education, and assistance to seniors and adults with disabilities (and their families) in understanding Medicare and making decisions about prescription drug plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare supplemental insurance or long term care insurance. Certified counselors can also help with Medicare denials and appeals and assist with applications for low-income subsidies. The Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services and the Bureau of Insurance have worked closely together to develop this insurance counseling program in Virginia.
How can I reach VICAP?
Call or write to:
DARS Virginia Division for the Aging
1610 Forest Avenue, Suite 100
Richmond, Virginia 23229
Toll-Free: 1-800-552-3402 (Nationwide Voice/TTY)
Phone: (804) 662-9333
Fax: (804) 662-9354
State Corporation Commission-Bureau of Insurance
Attn: Marly Santoro
P.O. Box 1157
Richmond, VA 23218
Toll Free: 1-877-310-6560
Local (Richmond): 804-371-9092
If you wish to contact Insurance Outreach Coordinator Marly Santoro directly, please call 804-371-9389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.