COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
UCC Guidelines & FAQ
IACA Jurisdictional Guidelines Chart
International Association of Commercial Administrators (IACA) has compiled a chart entitled Jurisdictions Guidelines for Accepting a UCC Record for Filing that reflects acceptance rules for participating jurisdictions.
- What does "UCC" stand for?
Uniform Commercial Code.
- Where can UCC forms and fees be found?
Use the Clerk's Information System (CIS) to file online. To download paper forms and ascertain fees, visit our UCC Forms and Fees section.
- What type of UCC filings can be made online?
Use CIS to file Initial Financing Statements (UCC-1) and Financing Statement Amendments (UCC-3), and for Information Requests (UCC-11).
- What payment methods are accepted?
Online payments may be made by credit card and echeck. Mailed payments may be made by check and money order. In-person payments made in the Clerk’s Office may be made by credit card, check, money order, and cash. (Please do not mail cash.)
- Where can information be found regarding UCC Tax Liens Searches?
- Can UCC filings be viewed online?
Yes, visit CIS to view filings online.
- What documentation does the Clerk’s Office return to a customer who files a UCC statement?
A receipt letter and a copy of the filing are returned.
- Does the index of UCC filings also include Tax Liens filing?
UCC and Tax Lien searches can be performed as separate or combined searches.
- What information is returned with the results from a UCC search?
A search report includes the date of the search, the search criteria, number of records found, the type of search performed and data about the filing chains found. Filing chain data include the initial file number, debtor name(s), secured party name(s) and any associated subsequent filings.
- Can a customer billing account be used to file a UCC statement?