College Recruitment and Internship Program
The State Corporation Commission is committed to the development of the next generation of public-service professionals. If you want to make a direct impact, join the SCC team!
Intern Development Program
The SCC offers continuing college students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience through our 12-week summer internship program. Interns complete tasks and projects that expose them to the entry-level work of their assigned division. All internships are paid and extend from mid-May through mid-August.
As an intern, you will:
- Engage in REAL work that contributes to the public-service mission of the SCC.
- Work with and learn from senior staff members who are subject-matter experts in their fields.
- Participate in professional development and social activities with fellow interns.
As a result of interning with the SCC, you will be prepared for exciting future career opportunities.
Interns may have the option to extend their internships into the academic year. Our internship program is a talent pipeline for entry-level positions as business needs permit.
- Continuing student at an accredited college or university through the summer of the internship
- Willingness to work in a hybrid environment with in-person work in Richmond, Virginia
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours per week during the summer internship
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship, now or in the future
College Recruiting Major(s)/Programs
We seek interns from the below major(s)/programs:
It’s Easy to Apply!
We are on Handshake! Recruitment begins in August and continues through March. It is highly recommended to apply through Handshake. Please see Handshake postings for specific deadlines.
- If your college or university uses Handshake, you can apply to all internship positions using your college/university credentials.
- You may also apply by sending a resume and unofficial transcript to Careers@scc.virginia.gov.