COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
FAQsPlease see below:
All Annual Tax Reports are to be filed by April 15th, except the Annual Report of Rolling Stock for Motor Carriers, which is due March 1st.
- Rolling Stock Tax payments are due June 1st.
- Special Regulatory Revenue Tax payments are due June 1st.
- Consumption Tax payments are due the last day of each month.
- Payphone and Operator Service Provider annual registration fees are due January 16th.
- License Tax payments (on gross receipts of water companies) are due June 1st.
This Division is not responsible for the levying of these taxes. Questions regarding these taxes or individual refunds should be directed to the Department of Taxation at www.tax.virginia.gov or to the following phone numbers:
- Individual income taxes: 804-367-8031
- Corporate income taxes: 804-367-8037
- For tax refunds: 804-367-2486
- Sales and use tax (including communications): 804-404-4195
- Minimum tax: 804-367-8037