COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
- Covid-19 Pandemic
- Mortgage Closing Scams
- Virtual Currency Notice
- Facing Foreclosure? Be Wary of Scammers
- Complaints Against Credit Reporting Agencies
- Mortgage Delinquency and Foreclosure
- Fake Website Scams
Mortgage Loan Information
- Mortgage Rate Lock-Ins Not Always "Locked" Cautions SCC's Bureau of Financial Institutions
- How to Manage Your Mortgage If Your Lender Closes or Files for Bankruptcy
- When Paying the Mortgage is a Struggle
- Mortgage Loans - Understand the Terms of Your Loan Before You Sign...
- Préstamos Hipotecarios - Comprenda los Términos y Condiciones De Su Préstamo Antes De Firmar...
- Interest-Only Mortgage Payments and Payment-Option ARMs -- Are They for You?
- Reverse Mortgages
- CFPB – Considering a Reverse Mortgage?
Debt Counseling / Debt Settlement / Debt Collection
- Choosing a Credit Counselor
- Coping with Debt
- Debt Relief or Bankruptcy
- Filing for Bankruptcy: What to Know
- Debt Collection
- Dealing with Debt
Deposit Account Information
- Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act (Check 21)
- Deposit Account Basics
- FDIC Consumer News
FDIC Consumer News provides practical guidance on how to become a smarter, safer user of financial services. Issues and selected articles offer helpful hints, quick tips and common–sense strategies to protect and stretch your hard-earned dollars.