- Help for Homeowners and Renters
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness - Temporary Changes available through October 31, 2022
- Mortgage Closing Scams
- Virtual Currency / Cryptocurrency
- Mortgage Relief Scams
- Complaints Against Credit Reporting Agencies
- Mortgage Delinquency and Foreclosure
- Fake Website Scams
Mortgage Loan Information
- Information to Know About Mortgage Rate Locks
- How to Manage Your Mortgage If Your Lender Closes or Files for Bankruptcy
- When Paying the Mortgage is a Struggle
- CFPB: Buying a House: Tools and Resources for Homebuyers.
- CFPB: Cómo preparar sus finanzas antes de comprar una casa.
- Interest-Only Mortgage Payments and Payment-Option ARMs -- Are They for You?
- Reverse Mortgages
- CFPB – Considering a Reverse Mortgage?
- What to Know About Cryptocurrency and Scams
- Notice to Virginia Residents about Virtual Currency
- FDIC Fact Sheet - FDIC Insurance and Crypto Companies
Debt Counseling / Debt Settlement / Debt Collection
Deposit Account Information
- What is Check 21
- Deposit Account Basics
- FDIC Consumer News
FDIC Consumer News provides practical guidance on how to become a smarter, safer user of financial services. Issues and selected articles offer helpful hints, quick tips and common–sense strategies to protect and stretch your hard-earned dollars.
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV)
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth of Virginia’s coordinating agency for higher education. As an entity of the Commonwealth of Virginia government, SCHEV exists to serve the public interest and to assist the state’s system of higher education.
- SCHEV - Student Complaints
If a student has exhausted the avenues provided by the institution and the complaint has not been resolved internally, the student can submit a “Student Complaint Form” to SCHEV.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Temporary changes by U.S. Department of Education available through October 31, 2022
Additional Resources about Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Student Loans
Whether you are preparing for college, attending school, or already repaying your student loans, see the CFPB tools and resources to help you make the best decisions for you.
- How Student Loans Work and How to Avoid Scams
- How to Avoid Scholarship and Financial Aid Scams
Free Credit Report, Credit Freezes and Fraud Alerts on Credit File
- Free Annual Credit Report is the only source authorized by Federal Law
- What to Know about Credit Freezes and Fraud Alerts
- Free credit freezes are here
- Identity Theft - Report Identity Theft and Get a Recovery Plan