"The Damage Prevention Workshops" Education Programs
The Damage Prevention Workshops are divided into a Basic Damage Prevention Workshop (Basic Workshop) and an Advanced Damage Prevention Workshop (Advanced Workshop).
- The Basic Workshop provides a fundamental understanding of Virginia’s Damage Prevention Program. To successfully complete the Basic Workshop the following must be achieved:
Those who successfully complete the Basic Workshop receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to enroll in the Advanced Workshop if they desire.
- Complete a reading assignment, online via the web-app or printed copy, of The Virginia Professional Excavator’s Manual (April 2014) and The Virginia Underground Utility Marking Standards (February 2014).
- Complete the Computer Based Training (CBT) “Dig with C.A.R.E.” Training and Exam Module with a score of 90% or higher on the exam.
- Attend one Damage Prevention Advisory Committee Meeting.
- Attend one Local Damage Prevention Committee Meeting.
If you are interested in enrolling in the Basic Workshop, please contact Chad Mayhew at 804-371-5743 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Advanced Workshop is a two-day workshop, held quarterly each year, which provides an advanced understanding of Virginia’s Damage Prevention Program. To enroll in the Advanced Workshop, documentation of completion of the Basic Workshop must be verified by the Division staff. To successfully complete the Advanced Workshop, the following must be achieved:
Those who successfully complete the Advanced Workshop receive a certificate and can help train others based on the Division’s Lesson Plan.
- Complete an online reading assignment of the Rules for Enforcement of the Underground Utility Damage Prevention Act and the Rules Governing Certification, Operation, and Maintenance of Notification Center.
- Present to a peer group the Division’s damage prevention lesson Dig With C.A.R.E. Keep Virginia Safe! (Within 40 minutes according to the lesson plan’s outline of presentation.)
- Complete a 25-question written damage prevention evaluation. (With a score of 90% or higher within 30 minutes.)
If you are interested in attending the Advanced Workshop, please contact Frank Hudik at 804-371-9980 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.