E-911 Rulemaking – Case No. PUR-2017-00076
On June 8, 2017, the State Corporation Commission issued an Order Initiating a Rulemaking Proceeding in Case No. PUR-2017-00076. The the Commission's Staff is soliciting comments on draft revisions to the E-911 Rules from stakeholders and persons having an interest in the E-911 Rules.
The existing Rules Governing Enhanced 911 (E-911) Service were adopted on June 23, 2004, in association with Case No. PUC-2003-00103. Since that time, there have been various changes in applicable laws and technology and, accordingly, the Commission concluded that it is appropriate to review the current regulations to determine whether the E-911 Rules should be revised.
Comments and suggestions on the E-911 Rules can be submitted by September 1, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order establishing Case No. PUR-2017-00076, June 8, 2017
- Redlined draft revisions to the current E-911 Rules
- June 22 letter sent to all certificated Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) and Interexchange Carriers (IXC); the chairman of the board of supervisors and county attorney of each county; and, the mayor or manager (or equivalent official) and city or town attorney of every city and town in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Staff Report filed March 30, 2018
- Order for Notice and Comment issued April 17, 2018