New to Review!
Notify me when this page changes.
- Virginia Surplus Lines Broker, Consultant and Viatical Settlement Broker Licenses must be renewed prior to July 1. Non-renewed licenses terminate June 30. All other Virginia licenses are perpetual. Online renewal is now open.
- RESA/Title Settlement Agent Registration must be renewed by June 30. Failure to renew will result in termination of your RESA/Title Settlement Agent Registration. Online renewal via SIRCON is now open. Review non-resident renewal instructions at: http://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/resa/resanonresrenew.pdf.
- Managing General Agent must be renewed by June 30. Failure to renew will result in termination of your Managing General Agent license. Online renewal via SIRCON is now open.
- All Viatical Settlement Brokers, as required by Virginia Code, shall within 60 days of licensure and annually thereafter by March 1 of each year certify to the Commission implementation of anti-fraud initiatives reasonably calculated to detect, prosecute, and prevent fraudulent viatical settlement acts. Review a copy of Virginia Code § 38.2-6011 E at https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title38.2/chapter60/section38.2-6011/.
Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/formapp.aspx to download and properly complete the Annual Certification of Anti-Fraud Initiatives Form. Email completed certifications and any questions concerning your compliance status to VSBAnti-FraudPlan@scc.virginia.gov
- Notification of Virginia adopting the revised Rules Governing Unfair Claims Settlement Practices (14 VAC 5-400-10 et seq.) (Chapter 400)
The order adopting the revisions to the Rules may be accessed at www.scc.virginia.gov/case by clicking on "Docket Search," "Search Cases" and entering Case Number INS-2016-00265.
Revised Chapter 400 is effective January 1, 2018.
The amendments to Chapter 400 conform the Rules to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners' Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act (MDL-900), Unfair Property/Casualty Claims Settlement Practices Model Regulation (MDL-902), and Unfair Life, Accident and Health Claims Settlement Practices Model Regulation (MDL-903). These amendments clarify that Chapter 400 applies to all insurance policies issued in the Commonwealth of Virginia, except policies of workers' compensation insurance, title insurance, and fidelity and surety insurance, including those policies that are issued by health maintenance organizations, dental maintenance organizations, dental provider organizations, health service plans, accident and sickness insurers, and dental and optometric service plans. In addition, the amendments set forth claims settlement standards that are specific to automobile insurance, property policies, accident and sickness insurance, life insurance and annuities.
- ACA Rate & Form Filing Information
- Certified Reinsurer Applications – The Commission is posting notices of applications
for certified reinsurers in the Commonwealth of Virginia and inviting members of
the public to respond to the application. Information regarding comments on applications
of certified reinsurers is available at www.scc.virginia.gov/cons/rein